YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Explore How You Can Begin Serving at BMZ Church
Although all our ministries strive to make hospitality an important part of how they serve, it is the Hospitality Team’s priority to make BMZ Church not just a friendly church, but a place where people can make friends for life. This team does whatever it takes to make everyone who comes through our doors feel welcome and comfortable. This can include greeting people at the door, serving coffee and treats, handing out programs, helping seat latecomers, and receiving offering on Sunday mornings. We also have Hospitality Teams to greet during funerals and some other occasions. Many of our locations currently have Hospitality Teams and will continue to expand this ministry to all. Hospitality is a great place to start serving and there is always room on this team. The main skill needed is a genuine smile! To find out more about serving in Hospitality, contact Tracy Atkinson.
If the sound of children’s laughter brightens your day, then you will want to serve in Children’s Ministry at BMZ Church! We have a wide range of fun programs to serve in multiple locations! We are committed to keeping our kids safe, so many positions require a background check and Safe Sanctuary training.
BMZ KIDz is fun, age-appropriate worship for kids 5 years old through Grade 5 on Sunday mornings. This may include a Bible lesson, crafts, video, music, etc. BMZ KIDz is currently available on Sunday mornings at:
- The Boscobel Campus during 9:00am Worship
To find out more about serving in BMZ KIDz, contact Nikki Wetter.
We know that God put the “wiggle” in children, but that often makes it challenging for them to enjoy their time in a pew on Sunday morning. BMZ KidzKare is provided so parents can get the most out of their worship time, and so that the “little ones” can wiggle, giggle, and play all they want! KIDzKARE is designed for children age infant through 4 years old. each Sunday at these times and campuses:
- The Boscobel Campus during 9:00am Worship
To find out more about serving in KIDzKARE, contact Nikki Wetter.
Wednesday Night Sunday School(WNSS)
WNSS is a fun learning experience designed for children. During WNSS, a Bible lesson is taught while kids rotate through several fun stations like Crafts, Drama, Games, Kitchen, Storytelling, Mini Missions and Music. WNSS is held every Wednesday night during the school year in two locations:
- WNSS- Boscobel Campus from 6:15-7:30pm (for ages 4K through Grade 6)
To find out more about serving at WNSS-Boscobel, contact Nikki Wetter.
- WNSS- Gays Mills Campus from 5:00-6:00pm (for ages Kindergarten through Grade 5)
To find out more about serving at WNSS-Boscobel, contact Krista Eitsert at 608-485-0228.
There are many types of positions to serve in at WNSS from working directly with the kids to preparing for the fun by prepping crafts and baking snacks.
Our team members assist in the technical production of Sunday morning worship, as well as special events. Our members consist of:
- Media Shout Techs run the presentation software that displays graphics, song lyrics and sermon points on the screens. (Boscobel/Mt. Zion)
- Sound Techs are responsible for ensuring that the sound is mixed well and controls the volume for speakers, musicians and instruments. (Boscobel/Mt. Zion)
- Video Techs run the video cameras that we use to live stream our 9 am Boscobel Campus worship celebration. (Boscobel)
- Web Hosts tend to our online viewers, providing them with assistance and guidance to make their online worship experience a great one. (Boscobel)
- DVD Techs operate the equipment needed for the video sermon at some of our campuses
Interested? Contact Michelle Christianson
Wednesday Prayer Call
Join Pastor Stan on your phone each week for a Prayer Call.
and when prompted, use
Access Code: 377934
Adults and teens have the opportunity to serve others by doing renovation projects, disaster clean up, and other work. Locations, dates, and agenda vary from year to year. Typically, the Adult Mission Trip is held in early spring while the Youth Mission Trip is usually mid-summer. See www.sidekickmissions.com for more details on youth trips. Adults are also needed as chaperones on the youth mission trips.
Contact Diane Foreyt at 608-822-5675 for more information on Adult Mission Trips, or the church office for Youth Mission Trip information.
Our food pantry serves from our Boscobel Campus the 3rd Saturday each month from 8:00-9:30 am. Volunteers should come at 7:30 am to assist with setup and distribution. Once a month a truck delivers a pallet of food. You can serve by putting grocery items away in our Food Pantry area. To serve in this way, please contact our office.
Summer Food Program
Many kids in Southwest Wisconsin depend upon the public school lunch program for the majority of their meals, so they often go hungry during the summer. The Summer Food Program serves free meals to children and teenagers 18 years old and under at several locations in Southwest Wisconsin. To serve in the Summer Food Program, please contact our office.
Snack Sacks | Blessings in a Bag
Since many school-aged kids in our area depend upon the public school lunch program for the majority of their meals, they often go hungry on the weekends. To feed those growing bodies, we offer Snack Sacks to students in the River Ridge School District area and Blessings in a Bag to those in the Boscobel Area School District. Each weekend children are given an unmarked bag with easy-to-fix foods to get them through the weekend. If you would like to help pack these bags, please contact our office.
What Else Can I Do to Serve?
- Caring Committee: Those blessed with the gift of creativity make handmade cards to send out to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.
- Office Help: Volunteers are always needed to help with mailings, stuffing Sunday programs, and other projects throughout the year.
- Campus Projects: From time to time, opportunities arise to keep our facilities looking great, like weeding, spring cleaning, painting, etc.
Many other serving opportunities come up throughout the year, so contact the office to see what ways you can serve that are not listed here!